This information was for the 2019 race. The 2020 information will be updated closer to the event.
- TIME: Please arrive at the park by 8:15 AM. This is very important to ensure that a 9 AM start time is possible.
- PARKING: Please park in the back by the amphitheater (there will be people directing you). When that lot is full, you will be directed to park in one of the lots in the front of the park. If you’d prefer to park in a front lot and walk to the amphitheater, that is fine, as well. Due to limited parking, we strongly advise you to carpool. In the event that the lots become full at Elm Ridge, you will be directed to park at Griswold Middle School, a short walk away on Bailey Road.
- DROP-OFF: Individuals being dropped off should turn into the the first parking lot on the left upon entering the park. There will be signs indicating the drop-off area. Individuals should then walk to the amphitheater in the rear of the park. There should be NO DROP OFFS near the amphitheater.
- REGISTRATION: Registration will take place in front of the stage at the amphitheater beginning at 8:00. At the registration table you will receive a team bag containing racer bibs and wristbands with your heat number and time on them, as well as your complimentary t-shirt. You must be wearing the wristband and bib in order to participate in the race. You also MUST start at your assigned time, with your assigned heat. All four members of the team must be present to participate. There will be approximately 15 heats going off every 5-7 minutes starting at 9:00 AM.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Check the forecast ahead of time. The event will take place RAIN OR SHINE! We strongly suggest that you do not wear your brand new pair of sneakers or nice clothing for this event. You WILL be getting dirty and wet, so plan accordingly. We also strongly suggest bringing a change of clothes, shoes, and a towel. You will receive your participant shirt at the registration table.
- SPECTATORS: Spectators are encouraged to attend. They can walk around the park to watch the race. They cannot enter the roped-off course.
- RAFFLE: Everyone, participants and spectators alike, is encouraged to purchase raffle tickets. We have some awesome prizes being raffled off including THULE backpacks and luggage, Spikeball sets, and more!
- FOOD & WATER: There will also be water stations along the course, as well as fruit and granola bars at the finish line. If you’d like to bring your own water bottle, feel free!
- AFTER THE RACE: We encourage you to stick around after you finish the race for the awards ceremony and raffle drawings. You can participate in some games that will be set up. Food trucks will be on site with food to purchase, as well. Enjoy some food and talk about the race! The raffle will not take place until the end of the event and you must be present to win.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: PLEASE ARRIVE AT ELM RIDGE PARK BETWEEN 7:15-7:30 AM. This is very important! Please park in the lot near the Amphitheater and walk up to the stage. If possible, please consider carpooling. When you arrive, you will receive your volunteer assignment, instructions, and a t-shirt. If you volunteered last year and still have your pink volunteer shirt, please wear it - we are using the same shirts this year. The race should be done no later than 1:00 pm.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Please be aware of the weather! You will be standing around, so dress accordingly. While the weather currently looks clear, there is always the possibility for showers. You will be provided with a bright pink t-shirt to wear but you should dress in layers since it will be chilly in the morning. It is ok to wear something over this t-shirt.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: You will be assigned to either an obstacle to oversee or another important station. It is very important that you do NOT leave your assigned station until the race is over (you will be notified when the race is over). Safety is the #1 priority. There is no inherent danger with any of the obstacles, but anything can happen so you must be vigilant at all times! You will receive more specific information that morning.