Terrier Tough was created in 2015 to serve as the primary fundraiser for Rocky Hill High School's annual student service trip to New Orleans to help build houses with Habitat for Humanity. Since the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Rocky Hill High School has brought students to Louisiana for a week of community service and education.
The Terrier Tough competition is a 5k obstacle course run by teams of 4, designed to test all-around strength, stamina, team-work, and mental grit. In its fifth year, Terrier Tough saw nearly 500 participants complete the course of 20+ obstacles. Terrier Tough 2020 will feature new obstacles, new challenges, more prizes, and more mud! Do you have what it takes to be Terrier Tough?
There are 6 divisions:
- Male Student - team is composed of male high school students
- Male Adult - team is composed of either all adult males or a combination of male students and adults
- Female Student - team is composed of female high school students
- Female Adult - team is composed of either all adult females or a combination of female students and adults
- Coed Student - team is composed of any combination of both male and female high school students
- Coed Adult - team is composed of any combination of both male and female adults or any combination of male and female students and adults
Trophies are awarded to the first place team in each division. The top three teams in each division will receive medals.
Some obstacles from last year...